Saturday, December 7, 2013

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Simply put I love british humor. This book/radio show is no exception. I always enjoy how bizarre they always turnout to be. In Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy the main characters home planet, Earth, is destroyed by aliens in order to make an intergalactic freeway. Like in most british comedy the main character show a bit of mild surprise that his home planet is being destroyed but very quickly gets used to it. He is then beamed up to a space ship with his friend, who is also an alien but looks like a human, and begin their joinery though the galaxy meeting strange aliens and intergalactic super stars. Its a strange book thats for sure. Not my favorite but it did get a few laughs from me. After reading all of these types of scifi I came to like space opera the most but that is probably mostly due to the fact that it is the sub genre we are most familiar with. However if there was any book filled with witty, slapstick, british comedy that I'd definitely suggest this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment