Friday, December 6, 2013

Space Opera: Shards of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold

This week I had read Shard of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujord.  I actually really enjoyed this novel quite a bit! When i started reading the story seemed a little bland with the the science team setting up camp and having been attacked by some unknown space race but after the main character is knocked unconscious, meets her love interest, and begins a journey with this supposedly brutal space commander I begin to get more and more interested. As the story develops this dangerous soldier turns out to be less of a danger and more of a kind hearted man trapped by his culture and history. 
To me I felt it was pretty predictable but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I liked the way the story flowed and how it sort of felt familiar. To me it seemed like much of the science fiction that I have read or have played games of have hint of this type of sub-genre in them. Who wouldn't want to go galavanting through space with the person you are romantic with. But seriously the feeling i got from this novel and how there was so much to the books universe reminded me of Star Wars and the game Mass Effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment