Friday, December 6, 2013

Snow Crash

This book was, for me, very strange and I just could not get into it whatsoever. I am generally very uninterested in this genre and am more of a high fantasy or space opera/ high scifi person. It didn't help that I found it hard to understand the world. The way this book began with its odd prelude did nothing but confuse me.  It made sense in that it helped to fill the characters back story but it was just so strange and bizarre. The strong personality the serious demeanor, Hiro, was a bit of an odd individual. Not exactly the kind of person i would choose to be the protagonist of a novel. The event at the beginning of the book was a little weird for me. If Hiro did not deliver the pizza within the exact amount of time he would be in serious trouble with the mafia? The fact that in this story that the government has given up some of its power to large companies or powerful individuals is actually a pretty cool idea for the books universe but the way it was implemented in the story with a pizza guy and the mafia pizza service was so strange to me that it kept me from getting into the book at all and made the read very hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment